Please post anything that you need to debrick in here.

This is JTAG to debrick any JTAG device. Modem, cable boxes, dish boxes routers.
bengar

Post by bengar »

Okay, let me find that info and I let you know.
bengar

Post by bengar »

USBDBM
I was reading and they mention that is an ARM protocol using LPT with H-JTAG, Does NT is not supporting that protocol?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

bengar wrote:USBDBM
I was reading and they mention that is an ARM protocol using LPT with H-JTAG, Does NT is not supporting that protocol?
Not yet. But it is on the to do list.
bengar

Post by bengar »

usbbdm wrote:Not yet. But it is on the to do list.
Thank you, I will waiting for it, exactly is an ARM9.
keja

Post by keja »

I have a question, how do you know if your bricked your DCT 700. The reason why I ask is because I just programed my first 700, with success, but the clock was an hour slow, so I tried to correct the time by changing the date because it had the year 2007. I tried changing it throught the box time, but I kept getting and error. I eventually bricked the box, I think, because the power light does not come on anymore. So my question are is it bricked and how should I have changed the time. Oh one more thing how would I change the uid as well because I couldn't get in there either.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

You should not change the time. You should only change the day light saving setting. Yet it will NOT brick the box,. Just restore the original NVRAM will fix the problem.
viewsatultra

Is my SB5100 bricked or fried? Thank you.

Post by viewsatultra »

I think my SB5100 is bricked, is it?

I just bought a used pre-mod SB5100 with Sixma X2. It powered up fine, but after I tried following the instructions on setting up the modem, now the modem will not power up. When I plug in the modem, only the following lights lights up for 1 second, than goes black. Receive, Online, PC/Activity, Standby.
I don't know what I'm doing, I'd really appreciate some guidance.
P.S. Just prior to the above situation, when I attempted the enter 192.168,100.1 or 192.168,100.1:1337 in the browser all I got on the page was a bunch of yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
Is the modem fried?, bricked?, does anyone know? What should I do?

If it's bricked, should I only buy a USB JTAG or is the RS232 cable fine for the SB5100?
How do I avoid bricking the modem?
What causes it to get bricked?

Thank you.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

Dude I think your not giving the modem enough time to boot.

Only way to Brick it if you don't have the tools to write firmware is By trying to upgrade the firmware and messing with the modem before the firmware is updated.
pinochett

I think I bricked mine

Post by pinochett »

I brought an sb5101 and tried to install latest haxoware.When I finished the lights go on for the usual few seconds and then never come back on.I restored the original flash back up and only 2 lights come on and stay steady on.I think That I had to update the modem first before doing any changes to the flash.My question would be what do I should do to get back to the point to where all I need is to install Haxo and continue with all the other diagnostic steps to get on line.I am reading all I can but I know that I'm missing something very basic at the beginning But I do not know what.Any input will be greatly appreciated.
Greetings,
pinochett
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

pinochett wrote:I brought an sb5101 and tried to install latest haxoware.When I finished the lights go on for the usual few seconds and then never come back on.I restored the original flash back up and only 2 lights come on and stay steady on.I think That I had to update the modem first before doing any changes to the flash.My question would be what do I should do to get back to the point to where all I need is to install Haxo and continue with all the other diagnostic steps to get on line.I am reading all I can but I know that I'm missing something very basic at the beginning But I do not know what.Any input will be greatly appreciated.
Greetings,
pinochett
First you should have Made a backUp of Flash. If so the re-Install that BackUp and let the modem Compleatly Boot. I do this with the Coax connected and let it go thru the entire sequence of lights untill it connects (Obviusly It won't get internet access)
After This then re-Write the Haxoware Firmware to the Modem and you should be Back to Normal.

All This of course assumiong you Have ether a USBJTAG NT Or Blackcat LPT Or USB Tool to do the Job.
pinochett

Thanks TUNDRA

Post by pinochett »

Yes,I did the backup but I used my home made blackcat and did not let the modem boot or anything;just out of the box and did the backup.So now every time that I flash the backup and connect it to the cable only 2 lights come on and nothing else happens.Anyway,i'm waiting for my usbjtag nt to see if I have better luck.I have reflashed many times to no avail.I think that my backup is no good and my blackcat either.So I may have a better shot at debricking it when iI get my usbjtag.For now I will keep trying with my home made blackcat to see how far I can get with it.

Thanks Tundra!
kola

Post by kola »

-detect
IDCODE 0334917F
Broadcom BCM3349
IMPCODE 00800904
EJTAG V1, V2.0
DMA supoorted
Unknown flash type!
Report these two value to http://www.usbjtag.com/vbforum ffef,ffef
5101 got backup
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

If you want get logmein and I can remotely help to fix it.
portwolf

Post by portwolf »

6120 please need backup
brickhouse

Post by brickhouse »

hey usbbdm could you take a look at my modem thru logmein and see i you figure out my problem that im having