DVI3000 might have a hardware watchdog.

JTAG on DVI3000.

Moderator: elkora

usbbdm

DVI3000 might have a hardware watchdog.

Post by usbbdm »

DVI3000 might have a hardware watchdog need to be disabled like DCT2000 PH6 board. Still can not find it. If anyone want to help find, I will provide a test build of USBJTAG software, (some features will be released latter). Use break ("bk") command and watch the DEBUG mode. If DEBUG mode stay on after 20 seconds, the watchdog is disabled.

Use the same technique to find watchdog for DCT2500 and sb5100 failed on DCI3000.
haute

Post by haute »

Hello, thx por the investigations. I am waiting fot the usbjtag cable.
How we can verify that the wachdog is disabled?.

In my decoder it have a one pin desolder resistor (r289) i can put the picture here if i can!!!
Or i can send to you
sorry for my english
thx

[/img]
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

haute, I tried to take out both R289 and C391, Thw watchdog still work. Can not disable buy remove R289 and C391.
I use debug version of USB JTAG to stop CPU and CPU resets itself after 10-20 seconds.
On DCT2000 PH6 board this is similar but time is shorter.
haute

Post by haute »

Hello, thx for the tests.
It is possible that single wachdog by software can be deactivated? Or it must have a way to do it by hardware?.

Do you have any detailed scan of PH6 board?
I would like to compare the two boards to see if I can locate wachdog.

He would be very complicated to develop nvtool for nvram of dvi3000?

A greeting and thank you very much by your dedication
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

It is possible that single wachdog by software can be deactivated? Or it must have a way to do it by hardware?.
Yes. It is possible. I use the same method to disable watchdog for sb5100 and DVI3000 and failed. Both boxes uses the address at $fffe0000 range. I will continue to try to find if it use somewhere else.

Do you have any detailed scan of PH6 board?
I would like to compare the two boards to see if I can locate wachdog.
What do you mean scan? I think your initial try to locate the hardware watchdog really make sense compare to PH6.
]
He would be very complicated to develop nvtool for nvram of dvi3000?
Sine I can not test the nvtool in here, it is a little trouble, if you are interested in develop let me know and I can help you develop one.