DP311

JTAG on Dish Receivers.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Back into our own business. So happy.
Yes the TDI was connected wrong before and I will try to see if USB JTAG can access DP311 now. I made such a big mistake. Maybe just too busy on other stuff like fixing the website and give support.
elkora

Post by elkora »

kool back in business I know you have million thinks to do but its good to know you can handle you JOB.

good to be in the right place...
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Need to do weekend shopping and will back to this topic tonight.
Doobiedog

Post by Doobiedog »

usbbdm wrote:Need to do weekend shopping and will back to this topic tonight.
Did you ever get it figured out, and if so, did you happen to post it eleswhere...?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Doobiedog wrote:Did you ever get it figured out, and if so, did you happen to post it eleswhere...?
Not have much time to work on. I know the TDI in the front of the PCB, but when I connect the TDI (or I think I connected),the TDI does not seem to work. Maybe I need another board to test. TDI is very important and I do not believe TDI is disabled. TDO looks ok to me though. Since I wrote the DCU part, if this part is bypassed, I should be able to access the CPU. Too busy these days.
Doobiedog

Post by Doobiedog »

usbbdm wrote:Not have much time to work on. I know the TDI in the front of the PCB, but when I connect the TDI (or I think I connected),the TDI does not seem to work. Maybe I need another board to test. TDI is very important and I do not believe TDI is disabled. TDO looks ok to me though. Since I wrote the DCU part, if this part is bypassed, I should be able to access the CPU. Too busy these days.
Being too busy is definitely something I can relate to....When you get it fine tuned, please post....Thanks....
deseo

Post by deseo »

so what you fund out abot it?
Doobiedog

Post by Doobiedog »

usbbdm wrote:Not have much time to work on. I know the TDI in the front of the PCB, but when I connect the TDI (or I think I connected),the TDI does not seem to work. Maybe I need another board to test. TDI is very important and I do not believe TDI is disabled. TDO looks ok to me though. Since I wrote the DCU part, if this part is bypassed, I should be able to access the CPU. Too busy these days.
If nothing new, I will check back in another month....Thanks usbbdm....
jimbob

Post by jimbob »

just wondering if there's been an update on this or did i miss it somewhere, Thanks for any reply
slugworth

Post by slugworth »

I picked up a dp311 last week to play with.
I had a jpeg of the jtag "spots" on the topside of the board and the official dp311 schematic.
marthypaul

Post by marthypaul »

Hey Slug, is any DP receiver have main cpu of type 7105 or 7xxx processor?
pasor

Post by pasor »

marthypaul wrote:Hey Slug, is any DP receiver have main cpu of type 7105 or 7xxx processor?
Why waste time with those receivers, in few months they will be no longer good. Dish is replacing all standard receivers to meg4.
slugworth

Post by slugworth »

marthypaul wrote:Hey Slug, is any DP receiver have main cpu of type 7105 or 7xxx processor?
sti5517 processor
I have the schematic but the pdf upload limits here are too small
slugworth

Post by slugworth »

to practice sti5517 jtagging
maybe attempt to convert it to something else since we have the schematic
marthypaul

Post by marthypaul »

pasor wrote:Why waste time with those receivers, in few months they will be no longer good. Dish is replacing all standard receivers to meg4.
Dish will never replace all receivers to meg4. There is plenty of international channels and they stay in mpg2 for a long time.

There is method to partially disassemble some "key" in receivers with processor 7xxx, and that would enable IKS in NA.

And it is impossible yet with processors different than 7xxx.
So with "equipment pairing" introduced with new receivers, IKS is gonna be shut down for all mpg4 channels.