compadible nvram

Backup of earlier posts.
milzike

compadible nvram

Post by milzike »

anyone know if you can use ph8 or ph9 nvram on a dct2224 ph7?
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

milzike wrote:anyone know if you can use ph8 or ph9 nvram on a dct2224 ph7?
I don't think So, However you Can try It. I don't think Trying it Will Cause Any Problems Other than a Black Screen.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
milzike

compadable nvram

Post by milzike »

thanks tundra i tried ph9 on ph7 it's kinda working all stations say one momement please ect but have guide and menu hopefully it's just updating.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

milzike wrote:thanks tundra i tried ph9 on ph7 it's kinda working all stations say one momement please ect but have guide and menu hopefully it's just updating.
Then it does Not Work. You should get Picture as Soon as you connect COAX Wire.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

milzike wrote:thanks tundra i tried ph9 on ph7 it's kinda working all stations say one momement please ect but have guide and menu hopefully it's just updating.
you made it futher then me switching ph's....when i did it i only got the message "hunting" going across the display....
milzike

Post by milzike »

justsomeguy wrote:you made it futher then me switching ph's....when i did it i only got the message "hunting" going across the display....
yeah but tundra was right it don't work put the other ram back on and i get about 6 channels rest are blank,no guide or menu and only channel up/down work on remote and thid thing won't update but i will keep reading n tryin.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

milzike wrote:yeah but tundra was right it don't work put the other ram back on and i get about 6 channels rest are blank,no guide or menu and only channel up/down work on remote and thid thing won't update but i will keep reading n tryin.
i got a couple boxs like that....the xc chip has been deauth. by the cc...nothing you can do about that...might as well get another box
milzike

Post by milzike »

justsomeguy wrote:i got a couple boxs like that....the xc chip has been deauth. by the cc...nothing you can do about that...might as well get another box
i was able to figure it out thanks to tundra and jatucker's past post, i reloaded the back up, in testing menu i did NOT block channels or application update...think i was on 07.96 i let it update (about 15 min) disconnected and reprogramed and saved the updated nvram and it worked! all is good i have ch and vod only on vod it say's to activate press ok and when i do nothing happens...but i will read more just wanted to say thanks to all.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

milzike wrote:i was able to figure it out thanks to tundra and jatucker's past post, i reloaded the back up, in testing menu i did NOT block channels or application update...think i was on 07.96 i let it update (about 15 min) disconnected and reprogramed and saved the updated nvram and it worked! all is good i have ch and vod only on vod it say's to activate press ok and when i do nothing happens...but i will read more just wanted to say thanks to all.
Check to See in Occult Menu ( Option 9 ) If IPPV is Enabled. If Its Disabled then you Won't be able to Get VOD Or PPV. ;)
milzike

Post by milzike »

TUNDRA wrote:Check to See in Occult Menu ( Option 9 ) If IPPV is Enabled. If Its Disabled then you Won't be able to Get VOD Or PPV. ;)
it's inabled and i have a ip....also learned that from your other post
milzike

Post by milzike »

no matter if i press the button on the box or remote it does nothing after pressing ok
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

milzike wrote:no matter if i press the button on the box or remote it does nothing after pressing ok
Correct. There nothing you Can do To enable IPPV. Only the CC can Send an Activation Command to Enable It.
milzike

Post by milzike »

TUNDRA wrote:Correct. There nothing you Can do To enable IPPV. Only the CC can Send an Activation Command to Enable It.
no the box has ippv enabled but after the update when i go to vod it's loaded and look fine but say's "to activate press ok" when i press nothing happens but a dot blinks in box
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

milzike wrote:no the box has ippv enabled but after the update when i go to vod it's loaded and look fine but say's "to activate press ok" when i press nothing happens but a dot blinks in box
Cool. If IPPV is Enabled The all you Need for VOD is a Valid UID. However As is Right Now you Should be able to Test PPV. :D Give it a Shot.
bucckevin

Post by bucckevin »

I think you can copy nvram from different revisions. I was able to copy a valid one from a ph8 and put it on a ph7 and cr4.