SB5102Mod.xml

JTAG work on Surfboard cable modem.

Moderator: justsomeguy

usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

If you have read the user manual you should understand the command.

Type "help ldram"

Ldram can either select address like ldram 0 or ldram a tab name,
In your case you select the SB5102Mod.xml and there is NO TAB NAMED IMAGE0.

You can use command ldram image or whatever address you want.

ldram image0 IS NOT a command. "ldram" is a command. When you get error for "ldram image0" check if you have tab named image0.

Edit:
Use command
ldram 20000
Koevoet

Post by Koevoet »

@ themob

Your modem is not SPI it has a tsop48 so your programming will be different , remove the red wire as you will not need it for this modem , I think you have a A250 there are no jtag points for this modem , i think you have your jtag on the serial connection

Regards
themob

Post by themob »

ohhh, this is what somehwere i being confusing, so that mean i have to use putty for that with lately haxoware?
Koevoet

Post by Koevoet »

@ themob the modem you have is an Ambit250 , you need to use a max232/233 to communicate to the modem via putty/ht and flash that way .

Regards
lula

Post by lula »

I programed sevral sb5101u but I try programing like this;
1. Detect the modem on the 5102mod config.
2. Click on the Image tab ( Image should now be showing in the drop down box on the left
3. Load Hax rev38 via the folder button on the top left.
4. Click on the write (W) button .
5. This will auto execute the erase and program of the image .
6. Once that is complete click the V button to verify the image , if all is ok , reboot modem and check to see if hax has loaded via 192 gui.

green lite for my modem
themob

Post by themob »

before i want to flash this ambits. I has mess up one of ambit in the past. . It has bcm3349 chip. It will be flash as lately Haxorware 1.1 rev38 correct?
I have an files that say ambis 250 and 255 complete haxorware tutorial step by step, Are those still good? When they asking you Image does not have standard header. Do you wish to store it? Click Y then after Enter sector to start store: Press 0 press enter. At the last part, I don't understand when it say Store paramenters to flash? (n) do i need click as N then click Press enter?

I want to make sure before i birck it. Thanks.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

lula wrote:I programed many sb5101u but I try programing like this;
1. Detect the modem on the 5102mod config.
2. Click on the Image tab ( Image should now be showing in the drop down box on the left
3. Load Hax rev38 via the folder button on the top left.
4. Click on the write (W) button .
5. This will auto execute the erase and program of the image .
6. Once that is complete click the V button to verify the image , if all is ok , reboot modem and check to see if hax has loaded via 192 gui.

green lite for my modem
This looks good to me. Make sure you have not touched the boot and that should all work.
Koevoet

Post by Koevoet »

@ themob DO NOT store a firmware image to 0 that is only for a full flash dump , you will have to save it to a different sector.
When you get this Store paramenters to flash? (n) you do not have to insert anything by default it is set to N so you would just have to press enter there.

Find yourself a full flash dump of haxorware and then you can save it to sector 0

Regards
lula

Post by lula »

What I do when have old green lights
Koevoet

Post by Koevoet »

lula wrote:What I do when have old green lights
Re-flash your original saved dump and start again, once you have the modem back in working order.

Regards
themob

Post by themob »

I realize that window 7 don't have hyperterminal, is there program like putty? where can i can get it?
lula

Post by lula »

I have this backup;

-getram 0 200000
-save 0 200000

how I put this backup in my brick modem?
Koevoet

Post by Koevoet »

themob wrote:I realize that window 7 don't have hyperterminal, is there program like putty? where can i can get it?
Google... putty works on win7

Regards
Koevoet

Post by Koevoet »

lula wrote:I have this backup;

-getram 0 200000
-save 0 200000

how I put this backup in my brick modem?
Select " AllFlash " in the drop down menu on the left , load the full dump and click W to write then V to verify.

Regards
themob

Post by themob »

koevet,

I wasn't sure i understand what you trying to say "@ themob DO NOT store a firmware image to 0 that is only for a full flash dump , you will have to save it to a different sector.
When you get this Store paramenters to flash? (n) you do not have to insert anything by default it is set to N so you would just have to press enter there.

Find yourself a full flash dump of haxorware and then you can save it to sector 0

Regards "

I am on 2nd langanage english. Is there possible to make a video? It would be nice. Step by step with tutorial ambits 250