Sb6121

JTAG software bug report.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

Pir8pete wrote:Great, and I agree with you. I'm not having an issue with making that silly xml file, and yes I already know to use the SB6120 xml 8MB and if its 16MB then use DPC3000. Like I mentioned I just put everything in the first post for ppl that aren't familiar with the process. That's what helped me, and I'm sure it with for others. My issue is at first I did have my wire wrong, then ended up w/ a burnt pin of it, now i'm just waiting on the new USBJTAG NT to get here, and now I have all the resources to properly hook it up for flashing.

I'm not sure if you realize how you talk to ppl but you need to dim it down a bit and be alittle nicer with how you say things. I've noticed this since the first post from you and to other on here aswell. I do appreciate the help alot but please don't sound condescending when trying to help us.
LOL I do realize that, IT'S INTENTIONAL and not intended on being condescending, It helps to get ppl's attention, even if it makes them a bit pissed off. And hopefully when you get your new tool you will get past your detecting problem. Should you follow the recommendations to the T, you should be OK.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
Pir8pete

Post by Pir8pete »

I received the new USBJTAG NT and it does the same thing, on both computers and both modems, I don't get it? I can not detect the flash.

I've tried different USB cables from the PC to the USBJTAG, two different PC's, two different USBJTAG NT's now. tried 2 modems SB6121 / SB6141 and all I get is ff,ff,ff. Tried the #M test clip, tried soldering leads and use colored jumper. using 5v external power, using modems own power. using usbjtag 5v power on one of them.

I'm using the SB6120 profile, software is activated and i'm able to program my SB510X without any issues.

only thing I can think of is send usbbdm my entire setup and see what he can find out as to why it's not working
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Pir8pete wrote:I received the new USBJTAG NT and it does the same thing, on both computers and both modems, I don't get it? I can not detect the flash.

I've tried different USB cables from the PC to the USBJTAG, two different PC's, two different USBJTAG NT's now. tried 2 modems SB6121 / SB6141 and all I get is ff,ff,ff. Tried the #M test clip, tried soldering leads and use colored jumper. using 5v external power, using modems own power. using usbjtag 5v power on one of them.

I'm using the SB6120 profile, software is activated and i'm able to program my SB510X without any issues.

only thing I can think of is send usbbdm my entire setup and see what he can find out as to why it's not working
Have you ever tried SB6120 which is tested by me?
Your new NT must be good. Maybe SB6121 has different ISP?
If you cannot find the target on main http://www.usbjtag.com, then it is untested by me and you are on your own as of connection.
uga

Post by uga »

FYI - I tried to tackle 2 sb6121's when they first came out. Everyone claimed it was the same as the sb6120. Fried them both.

sb6120, dpc3000, sb5100, sb5101 were not a problem and everything you need is posted on this site.

I have posted here and other sites to see if someone has actually successfully mastered a sb6121 and have never heard that its been done.

Therefore, someone send a sb6121 or better yet a sb6141, to usbbdm and Capone and lets see what officially they come up with.

Please, no more ab6121/sb6141 theories, or posts of pics of isp if you do not know what you are talking about.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

uga wrote:FYI - I tried to tackle 2 sb6121's when they first came out. Everyone claimed it was the same as the sb6120. Fried them both.

sb6120, dpc3000, sb5100, sb5101 were not a problem and everything you need is posted on this site.

I have posted here and other sites to see if someone has actually successfully mastered a sb6121 and have never heard that its been done.

Therefore, someone send a sb6121 or better yet a sb6141, to usbbdm and Capone and lets see what officially they come up with.

Please, no more ab6121/sb6141 theories, or posts of pics of isp if you do not know what you are talking about.
YES, I have mentioned it here before........ I have yet to come across a Modem with SPI flash that I haven't been able to read and program. That's why I say its user error, or in other words or thought, Lack of understanding. These modems With SPI Flashes are the easiest thing to deal with IMHO. CACO's will in due time figure out they made a mistake in using them. LOL While it may weed out the average SO CALLED TESTER with little or No soldering Skills, It won't keep the REAL TESTERS from doing there thing.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

As USBBDM just pointed out, For those still willing to give it another SHOT, Check out that Thread. If you follow it to a T, You can't go wrong.......
Pir8pete

Post by Pir8pete »

first post updated
neemo6

Sb6121 help

Post by neemo6 »

Im trying to make a backup of my sb6121, but going through old threads and the tutorial here doesnt show the board for use w/ the clip. Even the 6120 tutorial doesnt match up to my pcb. Im not sure as to what to solder. All the pix from old threads are gone so no help there. Attached pix of my pcb. Can anyone shed some light please.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Try watch this.
[youtube]pFoXLnORZyY[/youtube]
neemo6

Post by neemo6 »

Confused as to where to get the 3v source from?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

neemo6 wrote:Confused as to where to get the 3v source from?
You can get external 3.3v
neemo6

Post by neemo6 »

usbbdm wrote:You can get external 3.3v
In the video you mention Hold and WP pins need to be pull high, what do you mean by this?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

WP and HOLD are two pins on the flash. If those pins are low you cannot program or erase. Connect them to 3.3v (with a resistor if possible).
neemo6

Post by neemo6 »

Doesnt booting the modem with its power source power up the WP and Hold pins to disable the write protection? I understood the WP# was enable when it was off the mobo and then needed Hold and WP power on its pins.