What can I do with this?

JTAG software bug report.
jrockow

What can I do with this?

Post by jrockow »

I initially bought the USB JTAG NT, many years ago, to back up my activated (backup) Comcast modem. The modem, Arris TM502G, has been deactivated by Comcast, so I assume I can just throw that in the trash now. I was thinking I would also trash the JTAG, since I don't know what value it is to me now.
Can someone enlighten me on any possible use it would still be for me; i.e. can I pick up another modem on eBay and somehow get it working on Comcast?

Re: What can I do with this?

Post by Guest »

after not getting an answer in 10 months im guessing you can just throw it away lol lol lol
I also have mine for over 10-15 years i used it for the same reason "activating comcast equipment"
I was actually going thru a drawer and found mine and came to the forum looking to see what else can i do with it but apparently not much we can do with it.
Hopefully a moderator sees this msg and reply to it and point us in the right direction :D
good luck
usbbdm

Re: What can I do with this?

Post by usbbdm »

USB JTAG NT and other devices here are just a programming tool.
I know a lot of people are using SPI feature to program modems like SB6141 and SB6121. What they can get out of the modified modem is something I never know.