Experiment of USB JTAG NT on Android.

Video on youtube.

Moderator: justsomeguy

jtk4012002

Post by jtk4012002 »

Hey could I use jtag nt to fix my semi bricked galaxy note 2? I was thinking about getting a riff box but if yours work ill buy it from you instead....
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

jtk4012002 wrote:Hey could I use jtag nt to fix my semi bricked galaxy note 2? I was thinking about getting a riff box but if yours work ill buy it from you instead....
I have not worked on the phone. It seem another industry which needs a lot of phones and datasheets typically not available to the public.
teddyalmonds

Post by teddyalmonds »

The ability to use the NT for unbricking/unlocking phones would be such a game changer.

You'd sell out every day!
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

teddyalmonds wrote:The ability to use the NT for unbricking/unlocking phones would be such a game changer.

You'd sell out every day!
I had once investigated this. I do have some phones but in order to support many phones, I need to be able to access phones as well as good amount of datasheets.

I might be able to get Samsung manuals and possibly started from this brand.
teddyalmonds

Post by teddyalmonds »

usbbdm wrote: I might be able to get Samsung manuals and possibly started from this brand.
It would be a huge effort to involve yourself in. The community would certainly need to help out with this -- jtag/test points, schematics, etc. Thankfully sites like xda have a good amount of people there who make this information available.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

usbbdm wrote:I had once investigated this. I do have some phones but in order to support many phones, I need to be able to access phones as well as good amount of datasheets.

I might be able to get Samsung manuals and possibly started from this brand.
Samsung would be the BEST to start with since they seem to be at the top of the leading companies now for phones.
live your life like a beer commericial
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Since quite a few had shown interest in Android, I plan to port this to Qt 5.x and release it.
So I will first release 0.65 with new tool set, VS2010 and QT5.x. This needs to run setup again.
I will also move the configuration folder to %appdata% folder so we can MAKE new XML within the software. I will also plan to move the configuration out of the reg syetem to plane txt file.
I hope this transition will be smooth (hope the activation can move over automatically).
Once this is done then I will release new build for Linux and Mac and then Android.
merkin

Post by merkin »

@usbbdm
since you will be working on some development, I ask for simple feature request.

Can you add to top of output window on NT software 0-F address offsets?

usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

merkin wrote:@usbbdm
since you will be working on some development, I ask for simple feature request.

Can you add to top of output window on NT software 0-F address offsets?

OK. I will take a look of this.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Here is how it will look like. I will have some other improvements.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I have tested 0.65 setup. If you want to try please uninstall older version.
http://www.usbjtag.com/vbforum/downloads/setup.rar

The biggest change is I moved the configuration from registry. All the data files and dlls are now in %appdata%usbjtag
This will allow us make new vendor, flash, testing.xml or script easily within software. These features were there when we were using Windows XP. After Windows Vista/7/8, Microsoft does not allow us to make changes under program folder.

I will make it official once people had tested and reported any issues exist.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

The rebuild for Android is now done with Qt 5.2. I am adding packaging and do some last minute change. Then I will test on several Android devices I have and release it. Hope I can finish this by Christmas.
lamp

Post by lamp »

usbbdm wrote: Hope I can finish this by Christmas.
Splendid job!

But... a noob question: how to connect the Android device in the "NT"?

Skyhigh

Post by Skyhigh »

usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

lamp wrote:.

Splendid job!

But... a noob question: how to connect the Android device in the "NT"?

You need cable like this.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/for-Dell-Venue- ... 5d47680b67