Experiment of USB JTAG NT on Android.

Video on youtube.

Moderator: justsomeguy

usbbdm

Experiment of USB JTAG NT on Android.

Post by usbbdm »

Inspired by the senior member here, I am doing experiment porting USB JTAG NT software to Android devices. Yes I am using tablet to do regular JTAG work. This will be the first JTAG device that can run on tablet and if it works I might port all DLL's and UJmodem as well.
So far the initial GUI looks OK. However the main menu is gong, all the tool bar works fine. To be able to type the command you might need an external keyboard. If we want to use the command box, I might need to redesign the code so it can accept tablet keyboard.

I will keep you guys updated.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

usbbdm wrote:Inspired by the senior member here, I am doing experiment porting USB JTAG NT software to Android devices. Yes I am using tablet to do regular JTAG work. This will be the first JTAG device that can run on tablet and if it works I might port all DLL's and UJmodem as well.
So far the initial GUI looks OK. However the main menu is gong, all the tool bar works fine. To be able to type the command you might need an external keyboard. If we want to use the command box, I might need to redesign the code so it can accept tablet keyboard.

I will keep you guys updated.
this is awesome!!! one recommendation though.....it would be really nice to see the keyboard to be able to manually input the commands...I don't have a tablet but I do have the Samsung galaxy note..and I love it, it's like a cross over between a phone and tablet...so if you need anyone to test things out for ya just let me know~

now will the size for this app be directly for tablets? or will it morph into phone sizes as well?

thanks boss man,
live your life like a beer commericial
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I will try to use the onscreen keyboard.
There is no limit of the device. Yes it should be even possible to run on a phone.
I might make some videos showing the progress. It is really fun!
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

usbbdm wrote:I will try to use the onscreen keyboard.
There is no limit of the device. Yes it should be even possible to run on a phone.
I might make some videos showing the progress. It is really fun!
I bet it's fun !!! I really can't wait to try it out...will be awesome to whip out my crossover ( I have to call it that because it's such a HUGE phone) and program up my tv! ..who knows maybe this will be the beginning of something even BIGGER !!!!

once again GREAT job boss man...your always staying ahead of the game!!!:D

I wonder how much of the battery it will drain on the devices when programming?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Here is day one.
lamp

Post by lamp »

Congratulations!

CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

justsomeguy wrote:I bet it's fun !!! I really can't wait to try it out...will be awesome to whip out my crossover ( I have to call it that because it's such a HUGE phone) and program up my tv! ..who knows maybe this will be the beginning of something even BIGGER !!!!

once again GREAT job boss man...your always staying ahead of the game!!!:D

I wonder how much of the battery it will drain on the devices when programming?
That's a Good Question. I guess people with find out in due time. LOL
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

CAPONE wrote:That's a Good Question. I guess people with find out in due time. LOL
i'll let ya know AS SOON as USBBDM hands it over for me to play with !! :D
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

justsomeguy wrote:i'll let ya know AS SOON as USBBDM hands it over for me to play with !! :D
LOL, You going to start trying to program your car's Flash?????? :rolleyes:
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

CAPONE wrote:LOL, You going to start trying to program your car's Flash?????? :rolleyes:
I'll be Flashin everything I can ! LMFAO~
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

justsomeguy wrote:I'll be Flashin everything I can ! LMFAO~
Yep, Just take it easy on the special coffee before you start playing with your new toys. LOL
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I have just successfully use Android to read SB6120 with USB JTAG NT!
I have tried USB hub and it works great. This hub has its own power. If plug USB JTAG NT directly to Android device, some device will say it is high powered device and might stop working to save the battery.

Read SB6120 is slightly slower than on PC (still close to 900KB/s). This could because the JNI interface efficiency.

There are still some bugs needs to be fixed and I will soon upload a video.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

This is USBJTAG NT programming SB6120. Speed is good!
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

looks GREAT!!! were you able to get the onboard keyboard working with the new "app" or still are required to use external keyboard? it would be awesome if you could get the onboard one working for the convenience aspect of it. it's kinda a pain in the ass if you have a great handy app like this one that you have created but have to drag along a big ol klunky keyboard with ya whenever ya wanna use it..

i'm still waiting for you to send it over so I can try er out! we finally have found a "app" that is actually USEFULL !! how about that !!!!!!!!
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

justsomeguy wrote:looks GREAT!!! were you able to get the onboard keyboard working with the new "app" or still are required to use external keyboard? it would be awesome if you could get the onboard one working for the convenience aspect of it. it's kinda a pain in the ass if you have a great handy app like this one that you have created but have to drag along a big ol klunky keyboard with ya whenever ya wanna use it..

i'm still waiting for you to send it over so I can try er out! we finally have found a "app" that is actually USEFULL !! how about that !!!!!!!!
On board keyboard works for single line editing. So enter email for activation works. I could make the command line using on board keyboard too but that will limit the command to be single line.
I have not yet make it ready for "easy" installation. There are several steps needed to be able to run it.
But you are welcome to try it out.