Linux 0.45a released.

News to announce.
usbbdm

Linux 0.45a released.

Post by usbbdm »

Just released 0.45a. Officially now uses libusb 1.0. This solved a lot of issues when toggle between targets. Make sure your linux has the libusb 1.0 installed before you can use this software.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

The linux release does not generate a lot of interest even though I have spent a lot of time to fix all the issues. Maybe a lot of people are enjoying Christmas.
I will delay the Mac release and focus on SPI log unless there is a big demand on linux or Mac.

Non of the dlls have been ported or plan to be ported to Linux but it depends on people who test it.
david18301

Post by david18301 »

The linux Version is good,but as the 95% of users of USBJTAG and USBBDM use WINDOWS this cause the little interest in the linux version :( .

90% of Users wait thi SPI LOG in DCT700 for testing!! :D :D

Thanks for this projects ,USBBMD happy new year :D
Koevoet

Post by Koevoet »

Even though the above is true , about the majority of people being window users , i find it hard to beleive that the members here could not take the time to dual-boot a linux distro to test .

It seems everyone is just intrested in the end product so they can steal whatever free service they can , but no-one will take the time or effort to try and resolve bugs and help make NT a better product.

A lot of work has been put into this by USBBDM and it would of been good for people to show at least some participation or even appreciation for all the hard work !!!

Regards
moddog

Post by moddog »

Koevoet wrote:Even though the above is true , about the majority of people being window users , i find it hard to beleive that the members here could not take the time to dual-boot a linux distro to test .

It seems everyone is just intrested in the end product so they can steal whatever free service they can , but no-one will take the time or effort to try and resolve bugs and help make NT a better product.

A lot of work has been put into this by USBBDM and it would of been good for people to show at least some participation or even appreciation for all the hard work !!!

Regards
Why would you want to say some thing like that,Usbdm is not telling any members to steal its up to you what you want to do with the tool happy testing.
Good better best
Koevoet

Post by Koevoet »

moddog wrote:Why would you want to say some thing like that,Usbdm is not telling any members to steal its up to you what you want to do with the tool happy testing.

Excuse me , but where in that reply of mine does it say anything about Usbbdm telling members to steal anything ??? I am referring to the end user , who is only intrested in that ,, ahh yes now i remember that is what people are calling it these days , it's not free internet theft it is now Free internet Testing .

The whole point of the reply is not about what you do with the product , but in how people are willing to help test the product ,,, but people only see what concerns them , and in your case i can see exactly what that is !!!!

Regards
moddog

Post by moddog »

Koevoet wrote:Excuse me , but where in that reply of mine does it say anything about Usbbdm telling members to steal anything ??? I am referring to the end user , who is only intrested in that ,, ahh yes now i remember that is what people are calling it these days , it's not free internet theft it is now Free internet Testing .

The whole point of the reply is not about what you do with the product , but in how people are willing to help test the product ,,, but people only see what concerns them , and in your case i can see exactly what that is !!!!

Regards
I think you should do the same bless peace!!
Good better best
david18301

Post by david18301 »

yo opino que aunque es muy bueno el trabajo que USBBDM realiza, pero si nos ponemos en el lugar de un usuario promedio que sabe lo poco y necesario para usar windows es muy complicado tener que hace un dual boot y tener dos sistemas operativos y mas el manejar al "complicado" como lo es linux y sus librerias.

I think it is very good USBBDM work done, but if we put in place for an average user who knows little and needed to use windows is very difficult having to make a dual boot and have two operating systems and more the work as "complicated" as it is linux and libraries.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Linux is normally for true hackers. It is good that true hackers can have a good tool.
xy-Zee

Post by xy-Zee »

please don't delay the mac use. i been waiting on this one
PAPAUKA

Post by PAPAUKA »

it's nothing personal, but, I think, that more people are tested in windows or linux, MAC can wait until the SPI LOG come...I repeat it's nothing personal.

with respect for the creator of all these tools, USBBDM, my respects
abescalamis

Post by abescalamis »

I personally prefer Linux and you can always do a install in a pend-drive, and run it in different computers you don't need a double boot. the only problem is that it doesn't run in all computers and it is not stable as if you install it in a specific computer, and it can be hard sometimes to test in Linux, as some of us own multiple computers, I had install Linux in all my computers but other family members had a lot of problems as USBDM said for a true hacker is the best, but not for a average users and I had to revert them back to windows :confused: