New software porting thread.

News to announce.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Finally BDM code is finished. Here is the screen capture:
The memory tab can now drop the file. Command history is 40 now.
I will start to port the script function and then SPI and JTAG.
BTW, the new software can allow the DCT2224 configured such that the two chip config (old board) to use new xml that can separate the two flash. The current one will not work or the dll will not work properly.
In the future I will consider left side to be a file browser so you can drag the file from the left file browser. This will be in the future release not in the next release.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Script and SPI is finished. Tomorrow will add MIPS EJTAG to it.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Things are getting well and I think the porting to new platform will be finished this weekend.
Then I will test and release this under Windows. The porting had added new features and might have new bugs too. So I will allow both 0.41 and 0.40d co-exist for some time. Then remove 0.40d. Only experienced user are encouraged to use 0.41 and report bugs.
Then it starts the fun time to port it under Linux and Mac.
konnan

Post by konnan »

wow... master you are 5 years ahead from others.... i am waiting for mac..... thanks again..
damian4838

Hola saludo

Post by damian4838 »

Wow how good we were making progress thanks greetings
ftaram

Post by ftaram »

waiting for mac too you are the man usbbdm
xy-Zee

Post by xy-Zee »

mac is good food
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

All the code porting to new platform is done. Here is a small video showing result.
http://www.usbjtag.com/tutorial/newnt/newnt1.htm

Some big new features are.
1. Dynamic change the configuration without start the software. Video show switch between DCT700 and SB56120. Not even need to unplug USB. (This is just to show it is possible, not recommended connect the target when USB has the power).
2. Drag drop file support. You no longer need to search via the dialog box. Use explorer and drag the file to the binary display.
3. Right click memory tab bring the menu to quick access the functions.

I need a little bit time to test before I can release to the experienced user to test.
After this release and stabilized (maybe after 0.42) then I will start port it to Linux.
javicali

Post by javicali »

WAOw!! USBBDM this version is Beatiful!!! Good Work!! AND section XC CHIP ??? :O news??? is surprise ??:)

Good Work congratulations
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

javicali wrote:WAOw!! USBBDM this version is Beatiful!!! Good Work!! AND section XC CHIP ??? :O news??? is surprise ??:)

Good Work congratulations
Nice work indeed. Can't wait for the new release to play with it. I love the new Graphics.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
PAPAUKA

New Software

Post by PAPAUKA »

this is a good work usbbdm, i like this new interface of usbjtag, the new interface add contextual menu with copy, paste and some funcion key to make better the work....

Thanks for having us in mind USBBDM...

if you need some testers for this work, can be considered.

Good Work..
Koevoet

Post by Koevoet »

I have been fortunate to get to test the new software out , and have found it extremely good , apart from the odd bug here or there that will be fixed for final release.

The drag and drop option is amazing as it saves you having to trawl through your files looking for the specific file. then having a right click option on each tab with various commands , saves the lazy person from actually having to move his/her mouse pointer to far.

Copy and paste is implemeted in top window as well as the paste option in the bottom window , same as previous software.

Hot swapping from target to target is also available thus eliminating the need for restarting the application each time you select a new target, a minor bug has been found in this option on Win7 , but more testing on diff OS will reveal if it is an issue with the software or not.

More to follow after further testing.

Regards
javicali

Post by javicali »

And Windows Of XCchip???is surprise???:confused:
much intrigue ..lol:D:D Is good work!
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

For the past two days I am working on prove that the code will run on Linux and so far the result is good. I will make final tune up then release 0.41. Then I will focus on let it run on Linux and possible will be 0.42.
konnan

Post by konnan »

Master : dont forget MAC OS....