0.40a and UJmodem 0.24 uploaded.

News to announce.
usbbdm

0.40a and UJmodem 0.24 uploaded.

Post by usbbdm »

0.40a is a hot patch . The auto script is now default off.
0.24 Ujmodem that has the LPT SPI program enabled.

One user found that virus might let the software crash. This two versions should fix this issue.
usbbdm

SPI via JTAG.

Post by usbbdm »

As you can see more and more devices today started to use SPI chip and my recent experience with the routers found that programming SPI chip via JTAG port is more interesting and practical.
1. It is safe, no need to apply tricks like 5V that someone did.
2 Easy to install. No soldering to the chip or use expensive clip.
3. It is recommended way of programming by any vendor.
4. It is faster, I could not believe myself when I found the programming speed for SPI over JTAG port is even faster than use dedicated SPI programmer. This again contributes to the powerful JTAG NT's algorithm that fully used the target CPU. Target CPUs normally are 100 times powerful than the NT' CPU.

So if new devices comes out I will first try to seek the possibility to programming it over JTAG. (The SBG6850 modem will be tried one more time latter via JTAG).

In the meantime I want to spend time to re-write the code so it can run on other platforms like Linux and Mac OS. Of course this is huge task and sometime I have to stop to work on something else. I have paused the porting task for about two weeks to support SPI programming on routers.
mr.sky

Post by mr.sky »

usbbdm wrote:As you can see more and more devices today started to use SPI chip and my recent experience with the routers found that programming SPI chip via JTAG port is more interesting and practical.
1. It is safe, no need to apply tricks like 5V that someone did.
2 Easy to install. No soldering to the chip or use expensive clip.
3. It is recommended way of programming by any vendor.
4. It is faster, I could not believe myself when I found the programming speed for SPI over JTAG port is even faster than use dedicated SPI programmer. This again contributes to the powerful JTAG NT's algorithm that fully used the target CPU. Target CPUs normally are 100 times powerful than the NT' CPU.

So if new devices comes out I will first try to seek the possibility to programming it over JTAG. (The SBG6850 modem will be tried one more time latter via JTAG).

In the meantime I want to spend time to re-write the code so it can run on other platforms like Linux and Mac OS. Of course this is huge task and sometime I have to stop to work on something else. I have paused the porting task for about two weeks to support SPI programming on routers.
Is this Tread mainly for Routers, or does #1 and #2 also apply to sb6120?
It seems to me, for 6120 you would have to use serial clip or some type of
soldering to test the unit.
trueblu8

Post by trueblu8 »

Mr. Sky you read my mind.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

mr.sky wrote:Is this Tread mainly for Routers, or does #1 and #2 also apply to sb6120?
It seems to me, for 6120 you would have to use serial clip or some type of
soldering to test the unit.
In theory SB6120 can use it. But I do not have ARM support yet. So for SB6120 you still need to use the method provided on this site.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

At this time 0.40c Is available for download.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
trueblu8

Post by trueblu8 »

Got it Tundra. Thanks.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

trueblu8 wrote:Got it Tundra. Thanks.
No Problem Buddy
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
mr.sky

Post by mr.sky »

usbbdm wrote:In theory SB6120 can use it. But I do not have ARM support yet. So for SB6120 you still need to use the method provided on this site.
thanks for clarification