0.38 NT and 0.22 UJmodem uploaded.

News to announce.
usbbdm

0.38 NT and 0.22 UJmodem uploaded.

Post by usbbdm »

For 0.38 NT software, the feature is when wrong hardware or software is selected it will give error dialog. For example, people who got BDM NT and select the SB5101 target it will tell that wrong hardware is used. If you have previous used Sb5101 and then select SB6120 without unplug USB, the software will ask you to unplug USB and plug back in again.

Ujmodem 0.22, aside from the feature above, the UJmodem now uses the same activation code for NT software, you only need to activate once.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

Thanks for the Update Buddy. :-)
number1001

Post by number1001 »

Thanks 4 the infos.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I have not yet heard any feedback (positive or negative) about the 0.38 update. To give you an update on what 0.39 will be.
I decide to obsolete the old USB BDM software (delete) and support the USB BDM in NT software. Other than the speed adjustment, the full function will be open to USB BDM and it will be plug and play. Functions like "sprogram" (better debric), CFI flash detection. New style script etc. The porting of USB BDM should be done within a few days.

This will be a major software change as I need to re-design to code so more hardware will be supported. The current plan is to
1. Fully support old USB BDM. (plug and play).
2. Support old USB JTAG on SPI read only. This is to demonstrate that who is the real owner of USB JTAG.
0.39 release should have at least the two features above. Since old USB BDM is still supported, unify the software really helped to manage the code and bug fix.

3. Support blackcat LPT (Need hardware selection) to do SPI read. So far I do not know how fast an LPT can go. This may be put in release after 0.39.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

I have been using 0.38 and 0.22 UJmodem. So far all good have not had any issues.
Thanks.
trueblu8

Post by trueblu8 »

Thank you. Will try them now.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

To keep you update. The port of old USB BDM to NT software is done. The old usb bdm does not need activation now and will have new command "peek. peekb, peekh, poke, pokeh,pokeb,erase,sprogram". All the new script can be used on old USB BDM now. I no longer need to manage two code base.

Next I will add SPI read for old USB JTAG and then I will release 0.39. Hope this can be done soon. So keep watching this thread.
bengar

Post by bengar »

usbbdm wrote:To keep you update. The port of old USB BDM to NT software is done. The old usb bdm does not need activation now and will have new command "peek. peekb, peekh, poke, pokeh,pokeb,erase,sprogram". All the new script can be used on old USB BDM now. I no longer need to manage two code base.

Next I will add SPI read for old USB JTAG and then I will release 0.39. Hope this can be done soon. So keep watching this thread.

That is excellent, consolidate all in one application. USBDBM, what about the experimental feature of the new 38 version on the DCT2224?, Do you have some step by step with details to do that?, I will try to buy some one in Ebay to see how works.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

bengar wrote:That is excellent, consolidate all in one application. USBDBM, what about the experimental feature of the new 38 version on the DCT2224?, Do you have some step by step with details to do that?, I will try to buy some one in Ebay to see how works.
The old USB BDM will have the same testing procedure as the new USB BDM NT. You can see we no longer make old USB BDM but we had made a huge effort to continue support this device for all the feature we had put in new USB BDM NT.

As for testing on the devices you need to do some study. USB BDM (NT) and USB JTAG (NT) are simply development and programming tool. How to use it is up to you. You need to check your local cable company and their TOS.