New features of software?

News to announce.
usbbdm

New features of software?

Post by usbbdm »

I will soon release UJmodem 0.22 which fix some errors reported recently. This is tested already and works fine.

I will also make 0.38 software that will fix issues that people who switch between targets.
One example would be people use BDM NT and select SB510x. The only error message now is not activated when people are confused. 0.38 will give you warnings in text so you will not get confused.

Just of proof of concept I might add SPI READ for old USB JTAG. Or even on blackcat LPT. If I have another hardware like FTDI chip, I might add SPI read as well.

One more SPI application(experiment) will be the SPI read/write on XC chip. The current SPI read/write on XC chip was done by the CPU (MC68332 on DCT2224). We might be able to in ject SPI command through the serial port, but it is very slow and in case we need to do a lot more testing we really need faster SPI read/write to the XC chip. One idea is to hold down the reset pin on MC68332 and use the direct SPI lines to XC chip with NT hardware, then we might be able to read/write the XC chip really fast.
Koevoet

Post by Koevoet »

That would be intresting to see , having SPI on old usbjtag and b/c ltp be it read mode only ( dont want others stealing the code ......) .

Would you make a FTDI based programmer or would you just make software that would be compatable with a FTDI chip ?

Regards
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Koevoet wrote:That would be intresting to see , having SPI on old usbjtag and b/c ltp be it read mode only ( dont want others stealing the code ......) .

Would you make a FTDI based programmer or would you just make software that would be compatable with a FTDI chip ?

Regards
As of FTDI based programmer, I just want to do a proof of concept and of course this will be faster than other software implementation on the same hardware. FTDI had all the source code but I found their software is not optimized and can improve the speed if I want to.
Koevoet

Post by Koevoet »

That sounds good , hopefully in the near future , we may then have a new NT hardware version that could incorporate something like this , i suppose depending on what people actually want.

An all-in-one programmer is very useful but i suppose at times it helps to have a seperate one to compensate for the losses you may incur using a specific type of chip on one of them.

Regards
dreamss

Post by dreamss »

usbbdm wrote: One more SPI application(experiment) will be the SPI read/write on XC chip. The current SPI read/write on XC chip was done by the CPU (MC68332 on DCT2224). We might be able to in ject SPI command through the serial port, but it is very slow and in case we need to do a lot more testing we really need faster SPI read/write to the XC chip. One idea is to hold down the reset pin on MC68332 and use the direct SPI lines to XC chip with NT hardware, then we might be able to read/write the XC chip really fast.
are the xc chips clonable? O_o cant find any info related on the forum
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

dreamss wrote:are the xc chips clonable? O_o cant find any info related on the forum
Not with the current NT software.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
dreamss

Post by dreamss »

i realize but has usbbdm found a way to write to them? aka clone them
dreamss

Post by dreamss »

bump? answer? anyone?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

XC chip clone will never not be part of the NT Software. NT software is standard JTAG software while XC clone will involve protocols no standard. So do not expect this will happen. IF you are interested you should consider use JTAG NT as a tool to access the XC chip rather than look for an auto tool to clone xc chip.
mr.sky

Post by mr.sky »

Thanks for your Clarification!
moddog

Post by moddog »

usbbdm wrote:XC chip clone will never not be part of the NT Software. NT software is standard JTAG software while XC clone will involve protocols no standard. So do not expect this will happen. IF you are interested you should consider use JTAG NT as a tool to access the XC chip rather than look for an auto tool to clone xc chip.
you want to go to your girl friend house what are you going to do, go on sit in the car and expect it to move, kno its not going to happen you would of to drive it your self. i think master is trying to tell you some thing! but what do i know:)
dreamss

Post by dreamss »

usbbdm wrote:XC chip clone will never not be part of the NT Software. NT software is standard JTAG software while XC clone will involve protocols no standard. So do not expect this will happen. IF you are interested you should consider use JTAG NT as a tool to access the XC chip rather than look for an auto tool to clone xc chip.
let me rephrase, CAN WE ACCESS THE XC CHIP USING USBJTAGNT? this is huge ....

ALSO: i never tought of it as a cloner, but thats the end use of it. -_-

(waited 2 weeks for the most confusing answer ever)
dreamss

Post by dreamss »

english? do you speak it?
moddog

Post by moddog »

dud the answer is rite in front of you!
dreamss

Post by dreamss »

moddog wrote:dud the answer is rite in front of you!
kinda big news and there seems to be no chatter about it. tought i read it wrong